AT THE YMCA, YOUR TIME AND TALENT GO A LONG WAY.
Volunteering for the YMCA has been around as long the organization itself. In fact, volunteers not only founded the YMCA, but operated it in its entirety in the early days. Today, volunteers continue to be the backbone of the YMCA, and are often the key to the success of its programs.
The time and talents given by YMCA volunteers have an immeasurable positive impact in a variety of ways, such as:
- Caring attentively to children or teens.
- Supporting families and developing a safe, strong, and viable community.
- Promoting healthier lives for people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes.
- Putting Christian principles into practice through building healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Volunteering at the YMCA also provides numerous benefits to the volunteers themselves, including:
- Being a part of a friendly and helpful environment.
- Touching the lives of people of all ages and cultures.
- Meeting new and interesting people.
- Giving back to the community.
- Achieving a sense of accomplishment.
- Having fun!
As a YMCA volunteer, you can lead or assist with an exercise class, read to a preschool class, coach a youth sports team, design a program brochure, play with children in the child-watch center, greet people at the front desk, locate items for an auction, serve as a role model for young people, help out in the office or at a special event, or be part of a group or committee working on a specific idea. These are just a few examples. No matter how you help, you'll make a big difference as you work with others to create a feeling of connectedness in your community.
The YMCA needs more people like you to solve the problems closest to home—or better yet, prevent them.
Do something good. Volunteer at the YMCA.
Contact us to find out more.
Contact: Pat McCauley, Hastings Family YMCA
Hastings Family YMCA
1430 West 16th Street
1220 West 18th Street
Hastings, NE 68901