16th Street Pool 18th Street Pool
February Pool Schedules
March Pool Schedules
Click Here For Both Pool Schedules
YMCA POOL RULES & REGULATIONS
- 1. Children MUST be 8 years old or older and be able to swim to use the pool without a parent in the water with them.
- 2. Children are not allowed in water deeper than mid-chest when standing on the bottom of the pool unless:
- a. They have passed an appropriate swimming test
- b. They are wearing a USCG approved floatation device (NO “water wings” are allowed in the water)
- c. They are within arm’s reach of a responsible adult caregiver (who has no more than 2 such children in his/her charge)
- d. They are actively involved in an approved swimming lesson
- 3. No running, boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted in the pool, or on the runways, diving blocks, floats, platforms, or in the dressing rooms.
- 4. Spitting or spouting of water, blowing the nose or any other similar activities in the swimming pool is strictly prohibited.
- 5. Diving is only allowed from the far deep end of the pool. Anyone jumping off of the side of the pool must do so facing forward. No back dives, flips, gainers, cartwheels, or pushing is allowed in any area of the pool.
- 6. Rest breaks may be called at the lifeguard on duties discretion. People under the age of 18 must exit the water during these breaks.
- 7. Be respectful of those swimming around you
- 8. No Floatation devices are allowed to be used in deep end of pool, unless accompanied by an adult in swimsuit. Floatation users are non-swimmers and they should not be in deep end.
- 9. No floatation devices that contain air are allowed in the pool.
- 10. The lifeguard is the authority on the pool deck. Failure to follow the lifeguard’s instructions or disrespectful behavior is adequate grounds for ejection from the YMCA.
Diving Board Rules (16th Street)
- 1. Use the ladder to mount the diving board
- 2. Hanging onto or under the board is prohibited
- 3. Only one diver on the board at a time
- 4. Sitting on the guardrails is prohibited
- 5. Wait for the previous diver to swim clear before diving
- 6. Only one bounce allowed
- 7. Dive off the front of the board only
- 8. Hands must enter the water first in head first dives
- 9. Swim to the ladder or side immediately after diving
- 10. No fancy dives
- 11. Lifeguard has the authority to restrict dives or divers
Water Slide Rules (18th Street)
- 1. All riders must be 48” tall.
- 2. Riders must slide feet first lying on back with arms across chest or sitting feet first with arms at side. Head first sliding is prohibited.
- 3. Riders must go down one at a time. Parents may not ride with little ones!!
- 4. Maximum rider weight 300 pounds.
- 5. Do not pull or propel yourself into the ride.
- 6. No t-shirts, cutoff jeans, float belts or lifejackets allowed. No swimsuits or shorts with metal rivets, buttons or fasteners
- 7. No foreign objects in pockets, or jewelry worn while using the slides. Eyeglasses, goggles, or contact lenses or prohibited.
- 8. Only one (1) rider at a time is permitted on each slide.
- 9. Tubes, mats, or floatation devices are not permitted on the waterslides.
- 10. Riders must be in good health. Pregnant women or individuals with heart or back conditions should not use slides
- 11. Do not use this slide while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- 12. Follow the instructions of the life guard on duty.
- 13. No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, or stopping on the slides. Arms and hands must remain inside the slides
- 14. No diving from or climbing on slides
- 15. Riders must exit the pool immediately using the ladder closest to the exit of the slide.
- 16. Non-swimmers not permitted
- 17. Use the slides at your own risk
- 18. Recreational swimming is not allowed while the slides are in use unless a specific area is designated
- 19. Warning: Water depth is 3 feet 6 inches at slide exit
Spa Regulations (16th Street)
- 1. No person is permitted to use the spa without first having taken a warm water shower, using soap
- 2. Pregnant women, children under 5, elderly persons, and persons suffering from heart disease, diabetes, or high or low blood pressure 3. should not enter the spa/hot tub without prior medical consultation and permission from their doctor.
- 3. Do not use the spa/hot while under the influence of alcohol, tranquilizers, or other drugs that cause drowsiness or that raise or lower blood pressure.
- 4. Do not use at water temperatures great than 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40⁰C)
- 5. Do not use alone
- 6. Unsupervised use by children under the age of 18 is prohibited
- 7. Diving or jumping is prohibited
- 8. Underwater submersion is prohibited
- 9. Food or drink is not allowed in the spa area
- 10. Body lotions or oils are not allowed in the spa
- 11. Enter and exit slowly
- 12. Observe reasonable time limits (that is, 10-15 minutes), then leave the water and cool down before returning for another brief stay.
- 13. Long exposure may result in nausea, dizziness, of fainting
- 14. Keep all breakable objects out of the area